Creating an Online Budget Planner in Google Docs
A budget planner is an ideal tool to keep your finances in check quickly and conveniently.
You can find hundreds of free budget planner spreadsheets & even create your own using Google Docs . Google Docs is a free to use service that enables you to upload, edit online, download and share documents. The files are stored on Google’s own secure servers meaning as long as you have an internet connection you can access your budget planner online at any time, even from your android phone.
It is simple to use and offers four options to choose from:
- Create a budget to track where your money is coming and going
- Calculate how long it will take to pay off your credit cards and loans
- Find out how much you should save to reach your goals
- View all templates
You can preview and download any public template from a catalogue of hundreds and share your own budget planner templates online with other users. Each public budget planner spreadsheet has an independent rating from users out of 5 stars and you can see what users has uploaded each templates.
Each template has a snapshot of its design and a description of its use so you can easily find one that will meet your needs:
This personal monthly budget planner spreadsheet compares projected and actual expenses for a given month. Designed to fit on a single page when printed.
When you have decided what you want from your planner the next stage is to ensure you have all the information to hand to enter your details.
You will need to find any information for:
- What your total gross income is per annum
- What your total net income is per annum (your take home pay minus bonuses)
- Any bonuses you regularly earn
- What debts you have
- What fixed costs you have (i.e. mortgage, rent, utilities bills etc)
- Your monthly car or travel expenses
- Other financial commitments you may have (e.g. childcare, groceries, entertainment)
Then simply fill your information into your budget planner template and depending on which template you chose, it will work out whatever you need to make your finances straight forward and easy to understand.
Having access to your budget planner online and through your android phone gives you a convenient way to monitor your finances without having to physically be at home. You can view your planner wherever you are and know exactly where your finances stand before making any financial decisions.